Thursday 14 February 2019

RELEASE BLAST - REVIEW: SCORING THE KEEPER'S SISTER by DELANCEY STEWART



Scoring the Keeper's Sister
Mr. Match #1
By Delancey Stewart
Sexy Sport Romantic Comedy
Releasing February 14, 2019
Self-Published





Blurb

ERICA:  

Signing up for a matchmaking service was not my idea. But when Andrew the hand model dumped me, my brother suggested I try Mr. Match. And I figured it couldn’t hurt–as it was, I’d never get away from meathead moron soccer players (since my brother plays keeper for the South Bay Sharks and I manage PR for the team.) 

But Mr. Match is a moron too because he matched me with a guy I see at work every day. A guy who has a different girl on his arm at every turn. And a soccer player. Fernando Fuerte, the “Fuerte Fire,” is one guy I can assure you is NOT my match. 

FERNANDO:

Getting girls is not a problem. Getting girls who care about something besides my status as the South Bay Sharks star striker, my salary, and my social status? Yeah. That’s the problem. So when my buddy Max tells me he’s actually Mr. Match–the secret proprietor of San Diego’s hottest matchmaking app, I let him convince me to try it. 

And Erica Johnson is not actually a bad match–only she doesn’t seem to agree. And then there’s the small matter of her being in the middle of trying to save the team (and me) when the owner’s ex brings to light some, ahem, unsavory accusations about me… and then there’s her enormous and disapproving twin brother…and there’s something about cheese, too. 

But if I have my way? Erica will definitely be my match. 



Purchase Links

99c for a limited time!!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited




In Scoring the Keeper's Sister (Mr. Match #1) by Delancey Stewart, the dating app Mr. Match has been matching couples with a good success rate. So, when his teammate decides to sign him up, Fernando Fuerte never imagined his perfect match would be the one woman that hated him. However, the more time he and Erica spend together, the more they find things aren't always what they seem. Will Fernando be able to convince Erica to give him a chance or will Fernando's past transgressions cause Erica to walk away?

What a fun and very entertaining read Ms. Stewart has delivered in this first book of her Mr. Match series where the dialogue was compelling from start to finish due to the main characters back stories and their banter, which was a mixture of intense and playful moments; and the main characters were fascinating and had me loving their back stories and their journey to happy ever after, as it felt like these two would never get things right. Is it really hard for the pair to trust the one they're with?

The way this story started had me wanting to know more about Mr. Match and how it's so successful in matching couples. What is the secret to the site's success? Are Erica and Fernando truly meant for each other, considering how much Erica dislikes Fernando since he's a total player? However, it was from the moment the hero and heroine come face-to-face for the first time where this story really gets interesting, as Fernando isn't the smoothest guy when Erica is around. Something his friends aren't afraid to point out the moment the heroine enters the story, which had me amused. 

With the main characters, I absolutely loved this pair together, as they start off as enemies, but Erica soon finds her opinion of Fernando changing, as she helps him deal with things that are going on in his life with his mother and with someone trying to cause problems for him. Will Erica be able to help Fernando? I also liked the close friendship the heroine has with her best friend and her brother. Since she and her brother have only had each other while the heroine's best friend is always offering advice and helping her out. While the hero, he and his mom are extremely close and I couldn't help but sympathize with him because of the thought that he might lose her. I also liked how determined the hero was to win the heroine over, especially since they've both judged each other wrong. Yes, women throw themselves at him because he's a big name in soccer. Yet, Erica's different. She likes him for him and not the big name soccer player he is. 

Overall, Ms. Stewart has delivered a really good read in this book, which has me looking forward to more books of this series; and where the chemistry between Erica and Fernando was strong; the romance was full of heat and passion; and the ending had me loving how this couple are reunited after their relationship goes awry. Really, loving someone goes a long way to earning forgiveness, especially when one of them realizes they were in the wrong. However, it was the epilogue that wrapped this story up nicely, as the hero's mom is so demanding and funny. I would recommend Scoring the Keeper's Sister by Delancey Stewart, if you enjoy the enemy to lovers trope, the matchmaking trope or books by authors Cindi Madsen, Jen Doyle, Jamie Howard and Sarah Robinson. 












Author Bio


Delancey Stewart is an award-winning author who writes romantic fiction with humor and heart.

Stewart has lived on both coasts, in big cities and small towns. She's been a pharmaceutical rep, a personal trainer and a wineseller.

A wife and the mother of two small boys, her current job titles include pirate captain, monster hunter, Lego assembler and story reader. She tackles all these efforts at her current home outside Washington D.C.


Author Links







































































No comments:

Post a Comment