Monday 18 September 2017

REVIEW: ARM CANDY by JESSICA LEMMON


Arm Candy
Real Love #2
By Jessica Lemmon
Releasing September 5th, 2017
Loveswept


In Arm Candy (Real Love #2) by Jessica Lemmon, Davis Price is intrigued by Grace Buchanan, even though she's a redhead and he's a man that usually dates blondes. However, when Grace proposes a bet that he date a non-blonde, he accepts by asking her out. Yet, the more time he spends with Grace, the more he finds himself falling for the feisty bartender. Will Davis be able to win Grace's heart, or will her past demons send her running from the man she's fallen in love with?

What do you get when a feisty bartender proposes a bet to a successful clean-cut gorgeous man? A wonderfully entertaining, engrossing and fast-paced read from start to finish that had me enjoying the main characters back stories, their growing relationship and their banter that had me loving the way the heroine challenges the hero. The way this story started had me liking the heroine immediately, as she's jaded when it comes to relationships because of her parents. Yet, I liked that she wasn't afraid to take a chance on Davis.

As for the dialogue, it was compelling and had me sympathizing with both the main characters when it comes to their back stories, as their pasts have made them shy away from giving happy ever after a chance. The hero was duped by his ex while the heroine has seen how bad marriage can be. Moreover, the heroine is feisty, independent, resilient and I liked how willing she was to give Davis a chance, even though relationships aren't her thing. I also liked the friendship she had with one of the secondary characters, because she helps the woman overcome her fears when her friend gets cold feet. While the hero, he's confident, hard-working and I loved the relationship he has with his grandmother; an elderly woman that lives life to the fullest and would do anything for her grandson. I also liked how willing the hero was to take a chance on Grace, even though it isn't easy for him after what happened with his ex and the reason why he only dated blondes up until Grace proposes the bet.

Overall, Ms. Lemmon has penned a fantastic read in this book where the chemistry between this couple was powerful; the romance full of exquisite heat and passion; and the ending had me loving the heroine's courage, because even though she knows how badly relationships can turn out, she's willing to take a chance on a future with Davis. Then again, love can be a powerful emotion and it's palpable she's so in love with the hero. However, it was the epilogue that wrapped this story up brilliantly, because of what the heroine says to the hero about their future and what she hopes for. I would recommend Arm Candy by Jessica Lemmon, if you enjoy second chance romances or books by authors Lauren Layne, Jaci Burton, Katee Robert and Kelly Jamieson.



Last call! At the end of the night, a clean-cut hunk and a rebellious bartender act on their unlikely chemistry in this frisky standalone novel from the author of Eye Candy.

Davis: I’ve had my eye on Grace Buchanan for a while now. Unlike the bubbly blondes I usually date, the feisty, flame-haired bartender both intrigues and bewilders me. Something about Grace—the tattoos? the nose ring?—makes every part of me sit up and beg. There’s only one problem: She hates me. Trading insults and one-liners has become our M.O. But when Grace bets me that I can’t get a date with a non-blonde if my life depends on it, I’m determined to prove her wrong by landing the ultimate non-blonde: her.


Grace: I’m used to regulars hitting on me, and I’ve turned them all down, except for one: Davis Price. I like giving him a hard time, and he’s kind of cute in his suit and tie—if you’re into that kind of thing. Anyway, I don’t care how many blondes he takes home . . . until one of them sidles up to him in my bar. Nuh-uh. But after my little bet with Davis backfires, our first date lands us in the sack. So does the second. And the third. Neither of us wants more than the best sex of our lives. The trouble is, it’s not a question of what I want. It’s what I need. And what I need is Davis.

BUY LINK:  Amazon










































1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic read this book was. Can't wait till the next book of this series.

    ReplyDelete