Sunday 10 September 2017

REVIEW: MR. BIG by DELANCEY STEWART


Mr. Big
By Delancey Stewart
Releasing August 29th, 2017
Loveswept


In Mr. Big by Delancey Stewart, Holland is determined to achieve the goals she's set for herself, and first is to get the job she wanted. However, it isn't easy when the place where she works seems to be male-dominated. Still, she needs help if she's going to climb the corporate ladder, and who better to help than the guy she meets at her work's coffee house. However, when Holland discovers the truth of her mystery man's identity, will she give Oliver a chance to explain so they can achieve their happy ever after or will she put the brakes on their growing relationship?

What a fantastic read Ms. Stewart had penned in this book, which had me completely engaged from beginning to end due to the compelling characters that had interesting back stories; riveting dialogue that had me determined to discover what direction this story would take; and the ending that had me cheering for this couple's happy ever after because of the hero's determination to win the heroine's heart. The way this story started had me liking the hero immediately, as he's hurting due to some information he's learnt about his life. Will he ever be able to forgive his parents for what they kept from him?

As for the dialogue, it was a wonderful blend of intense, emotional and playful banter that had me charmed by this hero and heroine, as Holland isn't receptive to Oliver in the beginning, which had me intrigued in finding out whether Oliver would be able to win the heroine over in giving him a chance. While Holland is Oliver's light; the one capable of getting him beyond the darkness he's found himself fallen into because of what his parents did by not telling him the truth and I liked how their growing relationship helped Oliver to see that his parents loved him no matter what. Certainly, the secondary characters help him to see that family is more than blood as well.

Moreover, the heroine is resilient, determined to achieve her goals, and I liked that she let the hero into her life, even though she's adamant he's not the man she saw herself achieving happy ever after with. I also liked how kind, caring and compassionate she is when it came to things the hero tells him. Will she be able to make Oliver see that his parents were only doing what was best for him and that they didn't mean to hurt him? While the hero, he's been through so much since the death of his parents and I could understand his anger. Why did his parents ever not tell him the truth? I also liked how the hero opened up to the heroine because he needed to rid himself of the anger, if he was to ever be completely happy and find happiness with Holland. Yet, what I liked most of all about the hero is how willing he was to help the heroine, even though he's holding back from her. Will she be upset when she learns the truth? Will Oliver be able to win the heroine over and make her see that they're perfect for each other once he realizes that he can't live without the heroine in his life?

Overall, Ms. Stewart has penned a wonderful read in this book where the chemistry between this couple was intense; the romance explosive and showed how good Holland is for Oliver, as he needs to find his way back to his old self; and the ending had me concerned for this couple's happy ever after. However, in saying that, I loved how Oliver won the heroine back. Luckily, he isn't afraid to admit how much she means to him to those that this couple were determined to keep their relationship a secret from for fear of people thinking badly of the heroine and how she got her current position in Oliver's company. Yet, it was the epilogue that wrapped this story up nicely, because of the name Holland and Oliver decided on, which shows he's finally happy and at peace with the past. I would recommend Mr. Big by Delancey Stewart, if you enjoy office romances, the opposites attract trope or books by authors Vi Keeland, Whitney G, Natasha Madison and Virna De Paul.

 

He’s tortured and dark, angsty and arrogant. You want the truth? He’s kind of an A-hole.
 
He’s also the CEO.
 
Everything in my life goes according to plan, and that’s the way I like it. I got the degree. I got the job. Now I just need to prove that I have what it takes to succeed in the real world.

If there’s one thing that’s
not in my plans, it’s falling in love with my boss.

Most relationships don’t start with one person calling the other out in public for being an arrogant jerk. Then again, most CEOs don’t cut their own employees in line at the coffeehouse and bark orders at people like they own the place.

Maybe pissing Oliver Cody off isn’t the right move. And now that he’s part of my world, all my plans go straight to hell.

BUY LINK:  Amazon















































1 comment:

  1. This book was sooooooo good. So much so that I've re-read it.

    ReplyDelete