Tuesday 9 October 2018

RELEASE BLAST - REVIEW: THIS LOVE by KELLY ELLIOTT

 


         

This Love
Cowboys & Angels #6
By Kelly Elliott
Releasing October 9th, 2018
Self-Published




I was a self-appointed bachelor and happy to have the title. Everyone thought it was time for me to settle down and find a nice girl. Well, no thank you. This cowboy wanted to stay clear of relationships. I wanted the freedom that came with no strings. But what did I know? Nothing apparently. Everything changed when I looked into her green eyes; my world tilted when she smiled at me. What was this feeling? Whatever was happening had me losing my damn mind. I fumbled with my words. My body wasn’t my own. I wanted her … desperately. Was I ready to give up my bachelor days, or was this Irish girl simply an itch I needed scratched? This Love is book 6 in the Cowboys and Angels series     
    

AMAZON | iBooks | B&N





In This Love (Cowboys & Angels #6) by Kelly Elliott, Cord Parker wasn't looking to be tied to one woman for the rest of his life. He liked to play the field, but the moment he met the sweet, pretty Irishwoman opening a restaurant down the road from his bar, he knew he'd met The One, even if he has a hard time admitting the truth since he can't get her out of his head. Spending time with Maebh is no hardship, but will Cord be able to convince her to take a chance on him forever?

Every book before this one is definitely worth reading, and this book is another fantastic addition to Ms. Elliott's Cowboys and Angels series where the main and secondary characters thoroughly entertained me because the Parker family have such a tight bond as a family and want each other to be happy; and the dialogue was a wonderful combination of intense moments due to the main characters back stories and everything these two go through on their journey to happy ever after since Cord wants Maebh badly, but keeps hurting her until he finally gets his act together; and playful banter that had me reading quickly, determined to discover what 'Smurf' Cord would be named. 

The way this story started with the prologue had me loving the hero and heroine immediately and had me loving how off-balance Cord is when he first met Maebh. She's everything he never imagined he ever wanted, but there's no doubt she has quite the effect on him; an effect no other woman has ever had on him before. Moreover, the heroine was resilient; courageous; a little sassy; has great friendships with many of the secondary characters; and I liked that she gave the hero a chance, even when it seems he's messing with her head and her heart because his words say one thing and his actions say another. 

While the hero, his character progression is incredible. He's confident; a little cocky; funny; has a great bond with his family and I love how they tease each other, even when their opinions and interference when it comes to his love life annoy him; and I loved how determined he was to win Maebh over, especially when things go awry in their relationship. How could Maebh ever doubt his love for her when he does what he does to prove he wants her and nobody else?

Overall, Ms. Elliott has delivered an absolutely marvellous read in this book where the chemistry between this couple was off-the-charts; the romance was full of exquisite heat and passion and had me loving these two together; and the ending had me loving how things work out for these two because they're meant to be together; and has me looking forward to the next book of this series because of what's going on with Trevor -- the final Parker sibling to find his perfect match. I would recommend This Love by Kelly Elliott, if you enjoy the enemy to lovers trope; the opposites attract trope; the friends to lovers trope; or books by authors Corinne Michaels, Melanie Harlow, Emma Hart and Kristy Bromberg.







           









Kelly Elliott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling contemporary romance author. Since finishing her bestselling Wanted series, Kelly continues to spread her wings while remaining true to her roots and giving readers stories rich with hot protective men, strong women and beautiful surroundings. Her bestselling works include, Wanted, Broken, Without You, and Unconditional Love, to name just a few. Kelly has been passionate about writing since she was fifteen. After years of filling journals with stories, she finally followed her dream and published her first novel, Wanted, in November of 2012. Kelly lives in central Texas with her husband, daughter, and two pups. When she’s not writing, Kelly enjoys reading and spending time with her family. She is down to earth and very in touch with her readers, both on social media and at signings. To find out more about Kelly and her books, you can find her through her website. www.kellyelliottauthor.com 

FACEBOOK | TWITTER| GOODREADS | AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE



































































   

No comments:

Post a Comment