Sunday 7 January 2018

REVIEW: MAN CANDY by JESSICA LEMMON


Man Candy
Real Love #3
By Jessica Lemmon
Releasing January 9th, 2018
Loveswept



In Man Candy (Real Love #3) by Jessica Lemmon, Dax needs a time out from his life, so he decides two weeks of camping and fishing is the perfect solution. However, he finds a better distraction in Becca Stone soon after arriving at his destination. Will Dax be able to convince Becca to take a chance on him, or will they both walk away from an incredible chance at happy ever after?

What an enthralling, fast-paced, wonderful read Ms. Lemmon has delivered in this third book of her Real Love series where this story took me a little while to fully get into because I thought the heroine was capricious, but once I learnt more about the heroine's back story I found myself reading quickly determined to discover whether these two would achieve their happy ever after since neither are looking for a relationship.

As for the dialogue, it was intense due to the main characters back stories, yet there was some really good banter between the hero and heroine that had me liking their determination to not let things get too personal between them. Yet, in saying that, I liked the moment when they opened up to each other about their pasts, as it made me understand why the heroine is the way she is.

Moreover, the heroine was a fun character and I liked that she's finally starting to find her way in life, especially with the hero's encouragement. Will she take him up on the offer he makes? I also liked how resilient and courageous Becca is when it comes to handling everything her brother dishes out because she's never given her brother a reason to trust her since she's so flighty and unreliable. Yet, what I liked most of all about the heroine is that she took a chance on Dax. While the hero, I loved him from the moment he was introduced into this story. Really, he's a good guy that will do anything for those he loves and goes after what he wants in life and what he wants is Becca. I also liked his determination to win the heroine over and that he will do anything to prove to her that he's on her side, especially when it comes to dealing with her family. 

Overall, Ms. Lemmon has delivered a fantastic read in this book where the chemistry between this couple was powerful; the romance was fan-your-face hot; and the ending left me completely satisfied, especially because of what the hero does to prove to the heroine that he wants her in his life. However, it was the epilogue that wrapped this story up perfectly, as the heroine is finally following her dreams and I loved the surprise the hero had for the heroine. No way is he going to let her go when he's finally found his Ms. Right. I would recommend Man Candy by Ms. Lemmon, if you enjoy the mysterious strangers trope or books by authors Lauren Layne, Kristen Proby, Avery Flynn and Erin Nicholas. 




Dax: After spending the summer buried up to my eyeballs in my family’s affairs, I’m ready for a break. The kind of break where I can spend two solid weeks camping and fishing in the company of absolutely no one. Then I find myself directly in the path of a drop-dead gorgeous tornado by the name of Becca Stone. Who can resist a night with a damsel in distress? Especially when she happens to be a leggy blonde? The last thing I expect is for Becca to show up on my cabin doorstep the next night, shivering in the rain and ready for seconds.

Becca: One minute I’m admiring the rock-hard jaw of the Magic Mike lookalike who walks into my bar, and the next I’m getting fired by my own brother. Loudly. In front of everyone. Luckily Dax Vaughn is a gentleman who aims his white-hot smile at me. Oh, it’s on. Wham, bam, thank you ma’am. Then a torrential storm washes out the main road and causes a massive power outage, giving us two whole weeks to enjoy each other’s company. At which point Dax will go back home, leaving “us” in the rearview mirror. That’s the plan. Or it was . . . until I started falling for him.

BUY LINK:  Amazon













































No comments:

Post a Comment